Institute of Business Technology Management of Nigeria was established under the Federal Republic of Nigeria Decree 1 CAP 59 of 1990. As a professional body to promote skill Acquisition in. It is the first of it kind in Nigeria and Africa.
It is an autonomous body, representing the interest of those wishing to take career in this very lucrative field thereby registering and conduction quality examination in diverse areas for professional membership.
The motive behind its inauguration was to make Nigeria self-sufficient, supplying adequate human technology thereby regulating and enhancing the professionals in Business Technology Management (BTM) IBTM of Nigeria is the Nigerian counterpart of the Institute of Business Technology Management London, Mexico, Pacific, USA, Russia and South Africa etc.
- Blending of Business with IT to suit the modern days Business.
- Strategically Business with Technology for the sake of innovation in Nigeria.
THE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE
- To promote skills acquisitions and self-reliance education in Nigeria
- To Institute Business Technology Education in Nigeria.
- To register members according to the constitution of the Association thereby regulating skill acquisition
- To promote a better national understanding among members on the establishment.
- To cooperate with other relevant bodies within and abroad that have similar aims and objectives and that will be of benefit to the association.
TO EFFECTIVELY ACHIEVE THE MENTIONED, THE INSTITUTE SHALL
- Set up manpower development individually or in collaboration with other recognized training institutions
- Establish branches throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria with Business Technology Training facilities as well as share common views.
- Publish Journals, Newsletters, Magazines, Books relating to the Profession of Business Technology Management and other general literature that will be of benefits to members and Nigerians at large.
- Assist members to effectively run Business bureau for firms and individual by providing appropriated counseling services as and when needed.
- Assist the arm of Government and Business on matters relating to effective Business Technology Management.
- Undertake the Professional visiting to other countries of the world for comparable studies etc.